Many of our customers are currently reporting longer-than-normal wait times to receive their sample collection kits in the post. We are sending kits out via first class post, but they may take up to 10 working days to arrive. If your test results are urgent, we strongly recommend that you select Royal Mail Tracked delivery service at checkout which costs £4.99. This will ensure that your kit arrives in 1-2 working days in most cases. Although you will not need to sign for the delivery you do need to be at home to accept the delivery.
The Royal Mail Tracked delivery service is prioritised over first class mail however, due to significantly higher volumes and a reduced Royal Mail workforce, it is not guaranteed. Service levels may vary across the country.
We are now including a tracked postage service in each kit for you to use when returning your sample to the lab. This will ensure that samples get to the lab in good time and do not spoil due to delays in transit. We recommend you put your sample in a priority postbox which has collections everyday. You can find your nearest priority postbox here. Please select the priority postbox tab in the top right hand corner to filter the locations.
Please make a note of your unique tracked postage number so that you can track your sample. You can find this number under the barcode on the postage sticker inside your kit. Click here to track your item on the Royal Mail website.
The following services continue to run as normal:
- Blood testing kits dispatched via Royal Mail. For updates on the Royal Mail service click here
- Laboratory analysis of test samples
- Doctor’s interpretation of results
- Customer care representatives available
- Access to my.medichecks.com to view test results
The following services are temporarily on hold:
- Purchasing a clinic visit for a venous sample. You can still purchase a venous testing kit and make your own arrangements to have your venous sample taken by a qualified professional
- Purchasing a test that is only available at a clinic
- Purchasing a nurse home visit to collect your sample
For further information, please contact our customer care team via one of the following channels: