Skip to content

Coronavirus antibody and PCR tests available. Shop now

Ceruloplasmin Blood Test
Ceruloplasmin Blood Test
Ceruloplasmin Blood Test
Ceruloplasmin Blood Test

Ceruloplasmin Blood Test

Ceruloplasmin is a copper-containing enzyme that aids in iron metabolism in the body. This test measures the amount of ceruloplasmin in your blood and helps diagnose Wilson’s disease and other conditions associated with copper deficiencies.
Blood sample 1 biomarker included 2 working days turnaround
from sample receipt at lab

What's included?

Biomarker profile

  • Copper Metabolism

Copper Metabolism (1 Biomarker)

Copper is an essential mineral obtained through the diet important for many bodily functions. It is incorporated into enzymes that play a role in the regulation of iron metabolism, the formation of connective tissue, energy production and the function of the nervous system and brain. Ceruloplasmin is the major copper-carrying protein in the blood which is made in the liver and carries 90% of the copper in the blood, with the other 10% being carried by albumin.

A ceruloplasmin test is used to help diagnose Wilson’s disease and other conditions associated with copper deficiencies. Wilson’s disease is an inherited condition associated with abnormal copper metabolism which results in excess storage of copper, primarily in the liver and brain.

Dr Sam Rodgers MBBS, MRCGP

How it works

  • Take the test

    Collect your sample at home, visit a partner clinic, or we can even send a nurse to you.
  • Post your sample

    Send your sample back on the same day you take it in the freepost pack to our laboratory.
  • Get your results

    View your results with doctor's advice on your personal dashboard.
Laboratories you can trust

Laboratories you can trust

Trusted by the NHS and private clinics alike, you can be sure of the highest testing standards from our fully accredited partner laboratories.

Expert interpretation <br>
of your results

Expert interpretation
of your results

One of our team of doctors will review your results and give you personalised advice based on your medical history, lifestyle and health and fitness goals.

Your personal<br>
health centre

Your personal
health centre

Discover the easy way to track your health through our online portal, my.medichecks.com. View your results with doctor's advice, monitor any changes over time and see the improvements you can make to your health with simple lifestyle changes.

Questions? Let us help

Questions? Let us help

Our customer care team is on-hand to help you find the test that's right for you. Get in touch via phone, live chat or email.

What our customers say

We ask every Medichecks customer about their experience - read what they have to say

Important

Our tests are not a substitute for seeing your doctor, especially if you are suffering symptoms. Our doctors will interpret your results based on the information you have provided, but will not diagnose, consult or provide any treatment. You will be advised to see your doctor for any necessary follow-up action.