Senior Business Development Manager
Job Title: Senior Business Development Manager
Location: Medicity, Boots site, Nottingham
Job Type: Full time
Line manager: Marketing Director
It’s our mission to “Champion improved lives through easy access to clear, personal, health insights that inspire positive change”.
A core part of that strategy is providing extended access to Medichecks test through a variety of third parties: specialist and practitioners such as private doctors and nutritionists and re-sellers such as Boots.
We also work with companies who want services such as screening as well as increasingly to help companies’ well-being agendas by offering employee health checks.
This role will lead our business development team and be responsible for delivering significant growth in this area as we relaunch our B2B proposition. It will lead a small team of Business Development Managers and Customer Success Manager.
This is real opportunity to shape our strategy in this area and develop a new team.
While this role is based at our office in Nottingham, but there will be travel to existing and potential client sites.
Medichecks is a fast-growing consumer-health company using digital technology to transform the way that people engage with their health. We provide blood tests and health screens to individuals and companies with doctor reviewed results to help customers live happier and healthier lives.
It’s an exciting time to join the Medichecks, with a new vision and strategy, a new website and we are overhauling our whole business to be truly digital and customer first.
- Ownership of the team plan, targets and communicating progress on both.
- Identification of new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services.
- Management, development and training of Business Development Team (2 Business Development Managers and 2 Customer Success Managers)
- Optimisation of ways of working to increase effectiveness
- Working with the Marketing Director to develop the B2B strategy and support Marketing Strategy – identifying key events and activities to participate in.
- Commercial negotiation and closing of strategic deals – ensuring a strong commercial process is in place and being used for new and existing clients.
- Day to day relationship management with key targets/strategic partners
- Product owner for supporting systems i.e. our Specialist Portal
- Definition of proposition for each of our B2B personas
Key skills and experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Business Development and ideally experience of managing a business development team
- Experience of the health or wellness sector would be useful
- Good communication skills with strong networking skills.
- Commercially driven, numerate with strong analysis and financial reporting skills
- Planning and project management
- Strategic Thinking
- initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch
- Experience of defining requirements for support
A full driving license is a requirement.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.