Hep B immunity testing
Order hepatitis B immunity tests
If you’re looking for simple and reliable hepatitis B immunity testing for employees in your organisation, you’re in the right place.
At Medichecks, we work with national employers in healthcare, retail and education to make occupational immunity testing direct to employees simple.
Prices for group orders start from £43, with discounts available depending on volumes. Choose from three solutions to get your immunity tests – voucher codes, an onsite nurse or bulk ordering finger-prick tests.
How does immunity testing work?
Hepatitis B immunity testing should be carried out one to two months after completing a course of hepatitis B injections or a booster injection.
With Medichecks, your employees will get confidential results straight to their secure online portal within two days of our accredited laboratories receiving their sample. What’s more, we can send you simple how-to videos to collect the sample, making the whole process seamless from start to finish.
This simple solution allows employees to order finger-prick kits straight to their home, making it ideal for home-based workers and people who work from different locations. Hepatitis B immunity test voucher codes are redeemable for up to 12 months.
How to buy voucher codes
1. Tell our team how many tests you need.
2. We will send you unique codes to give to your employees.
3. Employees place an order for a Hepatitis B Immunity Blood Test, entering their unique code at checkout.
4. Their test will be sent directly to their home address along with instructions and free post returns package.
5. Once the laboratory receives their sample, employees can see and download their results, complete with doctor's comments, via their personal online dashboard within two days.
Why check hepatitis B immunity?
Hepatitis B is a liver infection caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV). HBV causes inflammation and enlargement of the liver and can vary in severity. In some cases, HBV can cause lasting liver damage or become life-threatening.
HBV is spread through contact with bodily fluids from an infected person. People who work with bodily fluids or travel to high-risk areas can be at an increased risk of exposure to HBV. It is also possible for pregnant women to pass the infection to their babies, usually during or after birth.
A Hepatitis B Immunity Blood Test can be done with a finger-prick sample or with blood draw from the arm. It looks for hepatitis B antibodies in the blood to see whether the body is immune. It is not a test for a current hepatitis B infection.
Other ways to book hepatitis B immunity testing
Arranging a nurse visit to your workplace allows you to book a venous blood test, where a needle is inserted into a vein to collect a sample of blood, rather than a finger-prick test.
Nurses can take and post samples on the same day, giving you peace of mind and a fast turnaround for results.
Book a nurse visit
1. Let us know how many employees need testing and suitable times and dates.
2. Our team will arrange for a nurse to come onsite to offer phlebotomy service for employees.
3. Employees register their details and book an appointment through our booking system.
4. Once the laboratory has processed the sample, employees can see and download their results, complete with doctor's comments, via their personal online dashboard within two days.
By ordering at-home finger-prick blood tests directly to your workplace, you can easily distribute tests to employees when they have completed their hepatitis B vaccinations. These Sample Collection Kits must be used within 120 days of ordering.
Order your finger-prick tests
1. Tell our team how many tests you need.
2. We will post finger-prick tests, straight to your workplace.
3. Employees take the kits home and free post the samples to our laboratory.
4. Once the laboratory has processed the sample, employees can see and download their results, complete with doctor's comments, via their personal dashboard within two days.
Who needs a hepatitis B immunity test?
Employees in the public and private sector who come into contact with bodily fluids may be at an increased risk of catching HBV. With a hepatitis B immunity test, you can confidently test for hepatitis B surface antibodies (anti-HBs) in the blood.
Employees may be at an increased risk if they work in:
- Emergency and custodial services
- Beauty and cosmetic industries
-Health and social care
- Social services
Why use Medichecks?
Medichecks is a private blood testing company offering a wide range of tests for individuals and businesses. As the UK’s first provider of at home blood tests, we have over 20 years of experience and have delivered over five million test results to our customers.
Benefits of hepatitis B testing for employers:
- UKAS accredited laboratories for accurate results.
- Competitive prices and company discounts available.
- Go beyond your duty of care by ensuring all employees are safe at work.
Benefits of hepatitis B testing for employees:
- Confidential, professional, service.
- Results reviewed by registered doctors.
- Easy to access results via our secure online portal.